With ALL of these questions posed in regards to the Bible wouldn't it be nice to be able to access the questions in one place instead of flipping between blog postings? Now you can! The questions for the first five books of the Bible, the Pentateuch are now in one compilation, and there is no need whatsoever to flip-flop between various posts! Go here for your copy:
Just as Short as Ezra
Just as Short as Ezra
Well...hummm, Nehemiah really didn't have that much to offer either. Go figure. My questioning fared about as well as it did in the book of Ezra, thus this post will also be quite short. Good times!
1. Nehemiah 1:11
11 O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me." In those days I was the king's cup-bearer.
1) The quest is not whether God/the LORD hears BUT whether He gives a shit about what is uttered in prayer, right?
2. Nehemiah 8:2
2 So Ezra the priest brought the Law before the assembly, both men and women and all who could understand what they heard, on the first day of the seventh month.
1) Sooo...were there those who did not understand? Were they stupid, or did God/the LORD just treat them that way on general principles?
3. Nehemiah 8:8
8 They read from the book, from the Law of God, clearly, and they gave the sense, so that the people understood the reading.
1) How many ways do you interpret Thou shalt not kill?
2) Is not the sense inherent in Thou shalt not kill? Why would this need to be explained or be 'given sense' to? Did the people NOT understand Thou shalt not kill?
4. Nehemiah 9:1-2
1 Now on the twenty-fourth day of this month the people of Israel were assembled with fasting and in sackcloth, and with earth on their heads.
2 Those of Israelite descent separated themselves from all foreigners as they confessed their own sins and the sins of their ancestors.
1) God is hell-bent on making the people pay for sins they did not do, isn't He? Why the fuck are the people having to confess the sins of their fathers?
5. Nehemiah 9:8
8 When he had proved himself faithful, you made a covenant with him to give him and his descendants the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Jebusites, and Girgashites. And you have done what you promised, for you are always true to your word.
1) Fucking where? Fucking WHERE has the LORD/God done what He has promised and stuck to His Word?
2) Isn't the only place where God/the LORD follows through is when it comes to PUNISHMENT and DEATH and SACRIFICING shit so He can get His blood fix?
6. Nehemiah 9:21
21 Forty years you sustained them in the wilderness, and they lacked nothing. Their clothes did not wear out and their feet did not swell.
1) Fucking please. That was 40 years of mental/psychological warfare where there was only one winner, right? The winners were NOT the people of Israel, correct?