Friday, November 8, 2013

I Chronicles: Just a Few Questions

This is a Short List

Sooo...I Chronicles is a very repetitious book as far as the information that has already been presented being presented all over again is concerned, right? LOVELY. Sooo...this first serving of Chronicles will be very short.

1. I Chronicles 9:21, 24
21 Zechariah the son of Meshelemiah was gatekeeper at the entrance of the tent of meeting.

24 The gatekeepers were on the four sides, east, west, north, and south.

Questions
     1) Gatekeeper? Four directions? What is this...Wicca?

2. I Chronicles 11:9
And David waxed greater and greater; for Jehovah of hosts was with him.

Questions
     1) Jehovah of hosts? Sooo...how many versions of Jehovah and God and the LORD are there?

3. I Chronicles 21:15
15 And God sent the angel to Jerusalem to destroy it, but as he was about to destroy it, the LORD saw, and he relented from the calamity. And he said to the angel who was working destruction, “It is enough; now stay your hand.” And the angel of the LORD was standing by the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Questions
     1) Oh wow! What have we here but God ordering destruction, BUT through someone else and not doing it Himself, right?

4. I Chronicles 21:16
16 And David lifted his eyes and saw the angel of the LORD standing between earth and heaven, and in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.

Questions
     1) Sooo...the angel of the LORD was standing between earth and heaven? What did this look like?

5. I Chronicles 21:17
17 And David said to God, "I am the one who called for the census! I am the one who has sinned and done wrong! But these people are as innocent as sheep--what have they done? O LORD my God, let your anger fall against me and my family, but do not destroy your people."

Questions
     1) The people are as innocent as sheep? Is that why the LORD has such a jolly time tearing them up all the time for really stupid reasons?

6. I Chronicles 21:24
24 But King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will buy them for the full price. I will not take for the LORD what is yours, nor offer burnt offerings that cost me nothing.”

Questions
     1) Burnt offerings that cost nothing? EVERYTHING burned and offered to God costs something, right? And just WHAT is that cost usually? Isn't that cost usually the cost of man's life?

7. I Chronicles 29:10
10 Therefore David blessed the LORD in the presence of all the assembly. And David said: “Blessed are you, O LORD, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever.

Questions
     1) Since when does man bless God? Would God even deserve that anyways?







No comments: